These are my best heart meditation tips for creating a healthier relationship with your own heart, opening up and going within.
Heart meditation is one of the best practices you will ever learn. You can learn an awesome meditation practice that is body-centered, heart healthy, and takes you deeply and safely inside your own heart.
These tips come from my experience with breath work, heart rhythm meditation, and biofeedback.
I love how science and ancient wisdom (like meditation) are merging. I’ve heard it said that we’re now moving from the age of information to the age of vibration I think that is really cool. Science is starting to understand a little bit more how practices like heart meditation can really heal us, help us, and change our lives.
Working with Your Own Heart
There’s really not much that is better than connecting with your own heart. My meditation tips for you are all designed to support you is relaxing your heart center, opening up, feeling, and then letting go. This is the process that happens all the time as we breathe. But we are usually unconscious about it.
Heart Meditation Tips to get you started:
- Sit upright in a chair or on a bench of some kind.
- Let your back be erect yet relaxed.
- Tuck your chin in just slightly so you can feel a gentle stretch on the back of your neck (the top vertabrae).
- Gently close your eyes.
- Connect with your normal, everyday breathing. Notice your inhales and exhales.
- Notice the length of your breath. Is your inhale or exhale more full and easier to do? Don’t try to change anything but just become aware of how your breath is flowing.
- Now bring your attention to your heart area. Direct your inner glace to the area in the middle of your chest.
- Breathe more slowly and deeply now and make your inhales and exhales approximately the same length. We call this the conscious, balanced breath.
- This type of breathing will oxygenate your body more fully and bring energy into your body. Let the energy go wherever it wants to go, breathing in and out through the nose.
- Now think of something, someone, or some place that you really appreciate… Let it be something or someone who is EASY to appreciate.
- Hold that feeling of appreciation in your heart space while you continue to breathe fully, and rhythmically.
- Let your breath be like a gentle ocean wave that rises and falls rhythmically.
- Be comforted by the feeling in your heart and enjoy this practice as long as you like.
There’s a subtle difference between simple relaxation breathing and meditation. You can do a few minutes of the practice described above anytime during the day to calm, center, and relax. If you want to meditate then you should try and do it for 15 or 20 minutes. Then you will really feel the effects of the meditation more strongly.
Ultimately we discover that life is a meditation and we are always meditating.
Here is a meditation tip from Hazrat Inayat Khan, who is credited with bringing Heart Rhythm Meditation to the West in the early 1900s:
No one need ask, ‘What shall I gain by meditation? In what ways shall I benefit?’ If one only knew, it is by meditation that all is gained.
Heart Breathing Practice This is being used by many health practicioners now in their practices to help with disease prevention or to help manage disease. Breathing is a Key to well-being.
Easy Meditation Techniques teach you the basics of Heart Rhythm Meditation, which is the master practice I teach you on this website.
Listen to Your Heart This FREE eBook I created gives you a great overview of the most important concepts and techniques I offer on this site. Download it to your computer and go through it at your own pace. You’ll find tons of great practices and insights into your own heart and the meditation within that.
Heart Meditation Store Here you will find inspiring products and practices like our How to Meditate with Heart eCourse, meditation adventure gaming with Deepak Chopra, and even some guidance on the best supplements for your heart from Dr. Andrew Weil.
The Heart Attracts Its Desire Free e-Course
Enjoy this free e-Course that will take you deeper into your own heart. You will receive one email a day for five days and that is it with this e-Course.
Inside this 5 day email course You Will Discover:
- How to listen to your own heart through the heartbeat.
- Your energtic-emotional heart is much greater than you imagine.
- Latest research on the Heart’s Intelligence.
- The physical, emotional, and spiritual heart we all have.
- How to develop and utilize your heart’s magnetism to attract your greatest desires.
- What it means to live a heart-centered life.
- The healing power of love and the healing poetry of Rumi.
- How to bring gratitude and appreciation into your heart space.
- How to use an Invocation at the beginning of your meditation practice.
- How to create Waves of Peace from your Heart and send that out to those you care about most.